AFS Space at NC State
Rules and regulations governing AFS space
You must use all of your NC State-supplied file space in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the use of information technology at NC State. Before you begin using your space, be sure to familiarize yourself with these, especially Computer Use Regulation (REG 08.00.2).
About AFS space
- Supported by NC State
- Backed up securely
- Amount of free space: 2 GB, can purchase more for an annual fee
Getting more space
- If you need space in addition to what you have in AFS, NCSU Drive, and Google Drive, you may purchase more AFS space.
- Fill out the online form on the Purchased Space page. You will need to log in with your Unity ID and password.
- Additional space is available at a yearly rate for all students, faculty, and staff.
Checking your AFS quota
- Go to the Quota Allocation page.
- Log in with your Unity ID and password.
- On this page is a table showing
- your current AFS quota
- your current usage
Using your AFS space
When you use a Unity lab machine on campus, this space appears as your:
- Home directory (on a Solaris or Linux machine)
- K: drive (on a Windows machine)
The path to your AFS space is in this format:
Be sure to replace unityid and initial with your Unity ID and its first letter, respectively.
When you are not on campus, you will need to use:
- secure ftp
- Remote Desktop (from a PC) with VPN
Personal Web pages in AFS
See WWW4 Setup for details.