Using Trend Micro OfficeScan's Command-Line Virus Scanner
Trend Micro OfficeScan's command-line scanner, VScanWin32, lets you find and remove viruses and malware in Windows Safe Mode. More information about VScanWin32 and the available switches, visit Trend Micro's eSupport website.
If you have problems while performing these steps, contact the NC State Help Desk for assistance.
To use the command-line scanner:
- Reboot your computer in to Windows Safe Mode.
- Open a Run window :
- In Windows Vista (32-bit only): Open the Start menu, click in the Start Search box.
- In Windows XP: Open the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Run window type:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\vscanwin32.com /S C: /C /D
- Press the Enter key.
- Using the switches entered in this command (/S C: /C /D), VScanWin32 will scan your C drive, attempt to clean virus-infected files, and delete any file that it cannot clean. Wait for this process to finish; do not use your computer while the scan is in progress.
- When the scan is complete, VScanWin32 will automatically close.
- Reboot your computer into normal mode.