Setting Scan Exceptions in Trend Micro OfficeScan
By setting scan exceptions in OfficeScan, you can have it ignore certain files and folders during virus scanning. You can set exceptions for:
- Specific folders
- Specific files
- Individual filetypes
You can set exceptions individually for each of the three types of scans: Manual, Real-time, and Scheduled. You must specify your exceptions in all three locations in order for them to be fully effective.
Based on feedback from campus users, OIT has specified certain default exceptions. These are added only on an as-needed basis, and are automatically set when your antivirus program updates its virus definitions daily from the OIT antivirus parent servers.
Here's how to set exceptions for your antivirus client:
- Right-click on the blue Trend Micro OfficeScan icon, located in the right-hand portion of your system tray (at the bottom of the screen).
- In the menu that appears, select OfficeScan Console.
- In the Trend Micro OfficeScan window that appears, select Settings from the menu bar.
- Select Manual Scan. The Scan Settings window will appear, with the Manual Scan tab visible.
- Make sure the Enable scan exclusion box is checked.
- Click the Edit button.
- In the Scan Exclusion List window, you can select directories, files, or filetypes to exclude from scans.
- When you have finished specifying your scan exclusion options, click the OK button.
- Select the Real-time Scan tab and repeat Steps 5-8.
- Select the Scheduled Scan tab, and repeat steps 5-8.
- Click the OK button to close the Scan Settings window.
- Close OfficeScan by clicking the Exit button.