As a new student you'll have a lot to keep track of. Here are a few things to consider before and agter you arrive on campus.
Before you Arrive
- Computer that meets or exceeds our requirements
- Original Software disks or download codes for all installed software
- Cables for power and devices.
- Combination computer cable lock
- Ethernet cable (may want to wait until you arrive to determine its length)
- Surge protector
- Protective carrying case for portable computer or devices
- Printer with its USB and power cables
Once you’re here
- Wireless router that supports USB Hard drives (Consider waiting to coordinate this with your roommate. Not needed for a network connection, but there is no wireless in the dorms without your own router. See the ResNet article.)
- External hard drive and connection cables
- Print quota. See http://print.ncsu.edu/ for details.