Getting Started with E-mail Archiving
You will receive an e-mail notice soon after OIT creates your e-mail archiving account. Here's how to get started with Postini Message Discovery, which is providing your archive service.
You will need to do this only once.
- Go to:
For your convenience, this link will open in a new window.
- Enter your Unity username (Unity ID).
- Enter your CURRENT password in ALL THREE of these boxes:
- Current Password
- New Password
- New Password (again)
NOTE: You do not need to change to a new password unless your current one has expired.
- Click the “Change Password” button.
- Allow up to one hour for your Unity password to synchronize with your Postini password and certain other passwords you may have.
Logging in to Postini
- After you have synchronized your Unity password, go to:
- In the Log in Address box, enter your email address in this format:
whereUnityID is your own Unity ID. If you don't know what it is, contact the Help Desk.
- In the Password box, enter your Unity password. The Postini@NC State window will open.
Searching your personal message archive
- Click on the Archive tab.
- For a basic search, enter the message information in the fields provided (From, To, Content).
- Select a range of dates to search. The default is the last 30 days.
- To narrow or broaden your search (e.g., start/end date, subject, key words), click on the Advanced Search button. The maximum range for a search is 369 days.
- Click on the Search Archive button.
- For online assistance, click on the Help link at the top right of the page:
Logging out of Postini
When you finish using Postini, be sure to click the Log Out link.