Forwarding all your UnityID@ncsu.edu email
The Office of Information Technology recommends that you keep all your work- or student-related email in your Google Apps @ NC State account (UnityID@ncsu.edu) instead of forwarding it to a private address. This offers several advantages; e.g., when you share Google Docs, you'll be using your UnityID@ncsu.edu address and not a private one.
- Always verify a message before you forward it.
Before forwarding an "urgent" message, first take a few moments to see if it is true. Top 10 sites to track Internet hoaxes provides a list of reliable fact-checking sites that track numerous hoaxes. Go to one of those sites, enter some key words or phrases from the message, and search to see if it is a hoax.
- Explain a forwarded message.
Include a brief introductory note explaining why you are forwarding the message.
- Clean up a message before you send it.
- Don't forward the entire message as is.
- If a message is worth sharing, it's worth cleaning up first.
- Remove previous recipients' names, email addresses, and >>> symbols.
- Copy only the part you want to forward and send it in a new email.
- Maintain privacy with the BCC option.
To maintain your recipients' privacy, be sure to put all their addresses in the BCC field instead of the TO or CC field.