Desktop & Mobile Phone Access Configuration for Gmail
Required First Step: Syncing your Unity password
Before you can access your Google Apps @ NC State Gmail account, you must sync your Unity password.
How to sync your Unity password:
- Use the information in the subseqent steps, paying particular attention to the information in the password step, to fill in the form at http://www.ncsu.edu/password.
- In the Unity Username field, enter your Unity ID (without the @ncsu.edu part).
- In the Current Password, New Password, and New Password (again) fields, enter your current Unity password.
- Click Change Password.
The synchronization process usually takes 5 to 10 minutes, though it may take up to an hour for your password to synchronize across all systems.
Gmail server information for advanced users
OIT recommends that mobile devices:
- have a password set for access to the device
- if you lose your device:
- reset your Unity password as soon as possible
- if it is a personal device, contact your provider and de-activate your phone
- if it is a university-owned device, contact the Help Desk