IT Services for Students
Here's a quick overview of the campus computing services available to you. Your college or department may offer others.
- Computer Regulations of Particular Concern to Students
- Unity Credentials
- MyPack Portal
- Computer Recommendations
- Computer Labs
- File Space
- Information Kiosks
- Connection to Campus Network
- IT Security
- NC State Regulations and Rules for Student IT Use
- Copyright Infringement - Policy Statement
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing
- Your Unity credentials (ID and password) are your keys to university-provided online and other IT resources, many of which are covered on this page.
NEVER share your Unity password with ANYONE,
no matter how urgent the request.
- Access to Student Information System (SIS), Financials and Human Resources.
See Student Guide to SIS
- Helps you keep track of
- classes (drop, add, swap)
- student employment
- tuition payments
- Go to MyPack Portal
- Managing your NC State email (e.g., groups, lists, forwards)
- Google Apps @ NC State
- Official email and calendar provider for campus.
- Apps for education, communication and collaboration.
Your Computer at NC State offers recommendations for:
- a new computer system
- a laptop you already own that may be sufficient for a year or two
- Unity computer labs
Access to Internet, software and other IT resources.
- Workstations in Unity computer labs
PC, Macintosh and Linux.
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
Work on a remote computer with just the applications you want.
- Surplus PC Distribution Program
For student organizations and departments.
- Google Drive (unlimited)
- NCSU Drive (5 GB)
- Andrew File System (2 GB minimum)
- Free Office 365 is coming soon! (1 TB)
- See Your File Space for details.
- Fast, convenient access to:
- event schedules
- academic information
- Wolfline bus tracking
- See Information kiosks for campus locations.
- Accessibility @ NC State University
- IT Accessibility at NC State University
Network in campus residences
- Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
- Virtual Private Network
Connect remotely to campus computing resources
Student cable TV
- WolfBytes Radio and Television
- current events
- university information
- NC State's best music!
- Video Production Services
- iTunes U at NC State
- Antivirus software
- University requirement
- FREE at NC State Antivirus Resources
- FREE Office 365 is coming soon!
- Software@NC State
Licensed for free use on campus
- SAS Software
For statistical analysis
- Special pricing on Educational Software at NC State Bookstores
- Also see Software & Hardware.
- NC State Antivirus Resources
FREE protection for up to three of your mobile devices.
- Safe Computing at NC State
Security tips for your data and devices.
- Send documents to any supported printer on campus.
- Pay with your WolfPack One Card (campus ID card).
- See WolfPrint FollowMe Printing.
- NC State Help Desk
IT help for students, faculty and staff.
- OIT Walk-in Center
Technology and media services support for students:
- Computer repairs