Services for Researchers
Networking capacity for research
- NC State researchers in all fields of study have access to the university’s high-capacity, highly-available gigabit Ethernet network.
- High-performance research network and Internet connections
High Performance Computing (HPC) capacity and services
- HPC services
- distributed and shared memory computing
- data storage
- suite of applications
- training, consulting and collaboration on computational issues
- HPC Faculty Partner Program
Maximizes the use of HPC resources and support for participating faculty partners and the NC State community.
- Research Computing Committee
- Advises on policies and priorities for research computing services offered by OIT
- Assists with aligning services with NC State's strategic priorities
- Coordinates with other research computing services within the university and regional and national resources
- Software on HPC systems
- Software Licensing Management - Minimizes software costs and maximizes availability for campus
- SAS - software and consulting available via SAS Institute
Virtual Computing Lab services
The Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) provides easy-to-use Web-based access to the university’s high-performance computing systems and high-end applications.
Consulting and support
OIT collaborates on research projects and grants across campus. For more information or assistance, contact: