About Infrastructure, Systems and Operations
Infrastructure, Systems and Operations, John Black, Director
Infrastructure, Systems and Operations (ISO) configures, deploys, manages, secures and monitors the data server, data storage and backup systems that underlie all NC State's centrally-supported computing services and data resources.
ISO's motto is 'SIMPLIFY'!
Vision: To be a trusted and indispensible partner for core information technology needs at North Carolina State University.
Mission: To provide necessary and efficacious infrastructure, systems and operations services enabling OIT clients and partners to advance their educational, research and service goals.
For more information or assistance with the services that ISO offers, please see the contact ISO page.
Infrastructure Provisioning is led by Eric Silberberg, Assistant Director. Services provided by this team are usually underlying infrastructure and are provided to IT support units inside OIT and to IT units in other organization. and services include:
- Block & Network Storage (Hitachi, NetApp, EMC)
- Data Protection (NetBackup, Avamar)
- Data Center Provisioning & platform management
- VMware Virtualization
- Legacy administrative Solaris environment
This team is led by Debbie Carraway, Assistant Director. Services provided by this team vary in scope from campus-wide IT services to those specific to individual colleges, departments, and administrative units.
- Active Directory and Windows Server infrastructure (WolfTech)
- Authentication (Active Directory)
- File services
- Hosted services (for fee)
- License servers
- System automation and integration
- System and configuration management
- Wolfprint and other print services
Operations is led by Alan Galloway, Assistant Director, and services include:
- Data center management
- 24x7 monitoring of operations
- Optical mark reading