Finding Your Game Console's MAC Address
If you want to use online play for your network enabled game console on ResNet, you will need to register your device manually. To do this, you will need the MAC address of the console. This is a 12 digit number (usually separated by ":" or "-") that contains numbers 0-9 or letters A-F.
- From the main Wii Menu select the Wii Options button (bottom left corner).
- Select Wii Settings.
- Select the right arrow to move to the second page of system settings.
- Select Internet.
- Select Console Information.
- On this screen you'll see the MAC Address.
- From within a Wi-Fi enabled game, go to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup in the game's menu.
- Select Options.
- Select System Information.
- The MAC address is displayed on the top line.
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
- Power on the Xbox with no disc in the tray.
- Go to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Choose Xbox Live.
- Go to the Connect Status screen.
- Select Settings.
- From the Network Settings screen, you will see the MAC addres in the bottom right corner.
Older versions of the PlayStation 2 do not have a network adapter installed by default. If you have one of these PlayStation's, you will need to install a network adapter before proceeding with online play.
- Once your network adapter is installed, power on your PlayStation 2.
- You will need your Network Adaptor Startup Disc. Insert the disc in the tray.
- Once the disc has loaded, select ISP Setup.
- You will see a Liscense Agreement. To continue, select Agree.
- On the Connect to the Internet screen, select Local Area Connection (LAN).
- On the Local Area Connection screen, select Automatic Configuration.
- On the Connection Test screen, select Advanced.
- From the Advanced Broadband Settings screen, you will see the MAC address at the bottom of the screen.
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without a disc in the drive.
- Once the PlayStation 3 operating system has loaded, select Settings.
- Once you are in Settings select Network Settings.
- Select Connection Status List.
- You can find the MAC address listed under MAC Address.