netconfig runs only in text mode and is part of the text version of Redhat's installer. It will provide a simple method of setting up a properly installed network adapter to use DHCP. It does not provide the many options available with netcfg and neat.
- Log in as root. If you are already logged in, you can run su - to gain root priveledges.
- Run netconfig from a terminal as root.
- Respond Yes to "Would you like to set up networking?"
- Check the box to use dynamic IP configuration
- Return to a prompt and type service network restart