Device Registration on ResNet
- If you want to register a device that cannot browse the Web (e.g., game console, TiVo, IP telephone), see Add a device manually.
- Routers usually do not need to be registered manually. However, if you can't configure your router because it doesn't detect an Internet connection, manually registering it will often fix the problem. See Add a device manually. (Disregard that it says not to register routers on the manual registration page.)
- You can unregister a device via the online session manager.
- You should need to register a device only one time per semester.
- If you are asked to authenticate more frequently, please let us know by sending email to email@example.com.
- You are responsible for ALL the activity on every device you register.
- If you have a personal wireless access point that you allow others to use, all their activity will be linked to you.
- If you register a computer for your friend, its activity will be linked to you.