ResNet and ComTech permit the installation of personal wireless access points in University Housing residence halls and Greek Court chapter houses, provided they are configured according to these rules. DO NOT connect your wireless access point to the data jack in your room until you have configured it properly.
- Wireless access points must be configured with an SSID other than NCSU. A good SSID would be your Unity ID.
- Cofigure your access point to use WPA2-PSK security with AES encryption.
- Restrict access to the wireless access point by MAC address so that only people you authorize can use your access point. Remember, you will be held responsible for their actions.
- Change the default username and password for the administrative functions of your wireless access point.
- If your access point causes problems on the network or disrupts other ResNet users, it will be disconnected from the network.