Call Handler Setup - Departmental Office
Created: Wed, 08/31/2011 - 10:56, Last Updated: Wed, 08/31/2011 - 12:31
Before you begin this setup
- Set up your PERSONAL voice mail.
If you haven't done this yet, follow the instructions on "Setting up Your Voice Mail," make note of the personal PIN you create in that process, and then return to this page.
- Make sure you have these five items on hand:
- YOUR personal mailbox number.
- Your personal PIN.
Unless you have changed it, this PIN is the one you created when you set up your personal voice mail. If you completed that setup but do not have your PIN, you will need to create a new one. See "Changing your PIN online" for details.
- CALL HANDLER'S five-digit extension or mailbox number (where you will record the departmental announcement).
- Your list of the persons or services in your department with the phone menu option assigned to each. This was emailed to you from ComTech.
- A written script that you have created, using this list, to record for the departmental announcement.
Example: "You have reached [department name]. To speak with [specific person or service], press 1. To speak with [specific person or service], press 2, etc.
Call handler setup
- Dial 26245 from any campus phone.
- If you get into a voice mail account, press the star key (*) to get to the main menu.
- During the opening greeting, press 9.
- Listen for the announcement systems greetings administrator.
- If you hear it, continue to Step 5.
- If you don't hear it, you have not been authorized to make changes. Send a email to Customer Service.
- At the prompt, enter YOUR personal mailbox number.
- At the prompt, enter your personal PIN.
- At the prompt, enter the CALL HANDLER'S five-digit extension or mailbox number.
- Press the pound key (#).
- Follow the prompt to record the standard greeting, using the script you created. To change the standard greeting, press 2.
- You can also record or listen to additional greetings. These are NOT required by default but will become active if recorded.
- To change the busy greeting, press 3.
- To change the closed greeting, press 4.
- To change the holiday greeting, press 7.
- When you have finished the recordings, review them for accuracy as follows.
- Dial 26245 from any campus phone to get to the main system greeting.
NOTE: If you are asked for a PIN, press the pound key (#).
- Dial the call handler's 5-digit extension or mailbox number.
- Listen to the greeting you've recorded and verify that the names and menu options are correct.
NOTE: If you press one of the menu options while you are listening, you will be routed to that person or service.
- If you want to re-record the greeting, repeat Steps 1 through 11.