Creating a Voice Mail PIN
- PIN requirements
- Creating a new PIN
- Changing your PIN online
- Changing your PIN over the phone
You will need a PIN to set up your voicemail, listen to your messages, and manage your settings. To keep your voice mail secure, be sure to to keep your PIN private. Change it often and do not share it with anyone. If you forget your PIN, you can create a new one as indicated below.
- Your PIN must contain:
- Six digits (numerals only, no other characters).
- Your PIN must not contain:
- Your primary extension number or its reverse
- All consecutive digits (e.g., 12345, 98765)
- A digit repeated consecutively more than twice (e.g., 25888)
- Repeated groups of three or more digits (e.g., 90256902)
- A numeric representation of your first name, last name, or any combination of them.
- You cannot reuse any of the last three PINs you have created.
Before you begin, make sure you have:
- Your Unity ID
- Your Unity password
These are the ones you use to access the MyPack Portal.
No other ID and password will work with your voice mail.
If you need help with either of them, contact the NC State Help Desk.
- Open one of the following browsers:
- Windows: Internet Explorer or Firefox only (Chrome will not work.)
- Mac: Safari only (Firefox and Chrome will not work.)
- If you are off campus, first set up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection and then continue to Step 3.
If you are on campus, continue to Step 3.
- Go to the Personal Communications Assistant.
- In the Username box, enter your Unity ID.
- In the Password box, enter your Unity password.
- Click on the Login button.
- Click the Messaging Assistant link.
- On the menu bar, select Passwords.
- From the drop-down menu, select Change PIN.
- Type in your new PIN.
- Confirm your new PIN.
- Click the Save button.
- If you are setting up your voice mail for the first time, go to the "Complete your phone setup" section of the voice mail setup page and complete the process.
You will not need your current PIN to do this. You can create a new one, just as you did when you first set up your voice mail using the Personal Communications Assistant (above).
You will need your current PIN to do this. If you don't have it, you will have to create a new one online (see above).
- Go to the "Complete your phone setup" section of the voice mail setup page and follow the directions for your calling location (your own campus phone, another campus phone, or off campus).
- When prompted, enter your current PIN.
- When you reach the main menu, press 4 for Setup Options.
- Press 3.
- Press 1.
- When prompted, enter your new PIN.