Your File Space
At NC State, all students, faculty and staff have file storage space in these locations:
- NCSU Drive
- 5 GB
- Accessible via the campus network but not with a Web browser
- For details see NCSU Drive Space.
- Google Drive
- Accessible via the campus network and with a Web browser
- For details see Google Drive Space at NC State.
- Andrew File System (AFS)
- 2 GB, with the option to purchase more
- Accessible via the campus network and the Internet
- For details see AFS Space at NC State.
- Free Office 365 (1 TB)
- Storing sensitive data
- In general, Cloud storage space (e.g., OneDrive) may not be secure.
See Storage Locations for University Data for details.
- DO NOT store any sensitive information in the Cloud;
e.g., Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords.
- University employees who handle sensitive data:
See “Cloud service” in the table of Storage Locations for University Data.