Your Unity ID
Everyone has one
Each person affiliated with NC State University is assigned a Unity ID and Unity password.
- All Students
Unity ID and initial (default) password are assigned upon acceptance to NC State but no later than the end of New Student Orientation.
- Undergraduate students
Unity ID also appears in the wolfPAW system under Application Status.
Note that wolfPaw login credentials are different from Unity ID and password.
- Faculty and staff
Unity ID and initial (default) password are assigned upon hiring.
Unity ID is different from Campus ID
Your Unity ID
- Has eight or fewer characters
Examples: eapoe, jddoe4, owinfrey, tseliot2
- Has letters generated from your initials and last name
- May end with one or more numerals (if the letters generated for you match those for someone else)
- Synonyms: Unity username, Unity user ID, Unity login ID
NOTE: You can't accurately guess a Unity ID. If you don't know yours, avoid frustration and call the NC State Help Desk at 919.515.HELP (4357).
You'll need your Unity ID and password when you log in to:
- MyPack Portal
- Secure Web sites
- Certain OIT services
- Other university IT resources
Your Campus ID
- Has nine numerals (no letters)
Example: ID # 123456789
- Follows "ID #" on your NC State University Wolfpack One Card
- Synonyms: Student ID Number, Employee ID Number, Peoplesoft ID Number