MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.4.11 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2009
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp.
- OIT does not support Classic mode all.
- MacOS AMP Licenses and Media at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- VirusBarrior X5 – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Update filters with NetUpdate.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- Only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware are supported for Unity Macintosh kits.
- Mobile Devices & Apps Lunch & Learn – http://webapps.ncsu.edu/classmate/workshop/schedule/event-details?eventId=453
2) Update on Trend Micro Office Scan – 10 min.
OIT S&C is working with Trend to fix the issues around Trend Office Scan for Mac. Discussion.
3) Update on WolfTech testing – 10 min.
No further testing has been done on the Wolftest environment for MCX or Config integration due to no staff time. Discussion.
4) Adobe CS5 Released – 60 min.
When would we like to move. Discussion.
5) iPad Hardware Demo – 60 min.
Demo of Apple iPad and discussion.
5) Q&A – 5 min.
You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. May 11, 2010 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: 2009: Jan 19, Feb 19, Mar 9, Apr 13, May 11, Jun 8, Aug 10, Sep 14, Oct 12, Nov 9, Dec 14
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: 2009: Jan. 19, Mar. 9, May. 11, Aug 10, Sep. 14, Nov. 9.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2010.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.