MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B3 Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT will support only version 10.5.8 or newer of Mac OS X after Dec 31, 2011
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- OIT does not have a support policy for Boot Camp. & OIT does not support Classic mode at all.
- Mac Collection Licenses and Media info at www.ncsu.edu/software/available-software/product.php?software=106
- Trend Micro Office Scan for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Managed antivirus for campus.
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- NC Casper User’s Group – go.ncsu.edu/nccug
- Unity Macintosh Kit uses /Users/$uid$ in the Active Directory configuration to create a local home on each machine at login
- Modified Unity Macintosh Kits are supported by the unit which has made the modifications.
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Anyone wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval.
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI)
- Casper Suite Server Beta
- NCCUG Meet Up via WebEx Friday June 17, 2011 at 3 pm topic WWDC and Casper.
- NO MACTECH OR MACPOLICY MEETING IN JULY 2011
2) Casper Certified Administrator Training in Durham August 23-26 – 10 min.
Duke University has finalized arrangements with JAMF Software to host their Casper Certified Administrator Course (CCA) on the Duke University campus between August 23 and 26 in Durham, NC. At the course, you should expect to see many people from Duke School of Medicine, Duke Clinical Research Institute, NC State, Appalachian State, UNC-Charlotte, and from the corporate community as well as the Durham Public School District. This is an excellent time to engage other communities and swap stories and possibly learn a trick or two.
The location for the August 23-26 CCA course will be:
Duke University – Smith Warehouse
114 S. Buchanan Blvd. Bay 12, Rm. A228
Durham, NC 27708
For more information on this course, please visit http://jamf.diameter-design.com/services/cca. The course is at a discounted rate of $1500 per person (from the original $1750). JAMF can accept up to 15 people for this event, so space is limited. Food, beverages and parking will be provided at the Smith Warehouse.
3) WWDC 2011 report – 45 min.
Everette and Hal will report on the parts of WWDC we are able to based on our developer agreements. There is quite a bit of information to cover. Discussion.
4) Tech Short: Four Work Flows for Casper – 45 min.
Continuing to build on Casper deployment techniques, we will talk about four work flow scenarios that will be useful in the life cycle of Mac OS machines. These are Surplus, New in Box, Update Existing, and Zarch and Restore. Discussion.
5) Q&A – 15 min. You ask we try to answer.
Next meeting – Tue. Aug 9, 2010 in Room B3 Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday of every other month: Jan, Mar, May, Aug, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will meet in July 2011.
All meetings will be held in B3 Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.