To get a jump start on the new year, why not enroll now in our WordPress and Google Apps courses. It’s never too early to learn or develop new skills.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Friday, Nov. 21 from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file-sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. If you would prefer using your own laptop or other mobile device, feel free to bring it. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail Top 10 will be offered on Thursday, Dec. 4 from noon to 1 p.m. in 216 Scott Hall. Learn OIT trainers’ favorite Gmail tips, features and best practices. If you don’t have time to attend a full-length training session, or you’re just interested in learning new ways to utilize Gmail, then register for this action-packed workshop via Classmate.
- Gmail: Beyond the Basics will be offered on Wednesday, Dec. 10 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including Labels, Search tools, Contacts management, Chat, Tasks, Settings, Labs, and new features. If time permits, a brief introduction to Google Hangouts will be provided. To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Hangouts – Laptop/Desktop Application will be offered on Tuesday, Dec. 16 from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Complex. Come to this fun and interactive workshop to learn about Google Hangouts, Google’s free Web conferencing tool that allows you to communicate with others on campus or around the globe via video, audio and text messaging. Learn how to use the Hangouts platform to share your screen and documents, add a personalized banner, and download apps that offer additional helpful features. This session will cover using Hangouts on your laptop or desktop only. You are encouraged to bring a laptop to the session or feel free to just observe. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar will be offered on Wednesday, Dec. 17 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on features such as appointment slots, event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, scheduling online meetings, and more. For prerequisite information and to register for this event, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, see Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you’re interested in custom software training for your department, unit or classroom, complete the Custom Training form. If you have any questions about OIT training, contact Katie McInerney, OIT training coordinator, at 919.513.4091 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.