OIT Security and Compliance has developed a two-part training session that delivers a knockout punch to cyber attacks against sensitive data, such as research, credit card data and Social Security numbers.
If you are a system administrator or technical staff, you are invited to attend the Cyber Security Incident Response Training Overview on Wednesday, June 3 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This will be an interactive session on how to detect if your server has been hacked and what to do next. It will provide you with:
- an overview of the NC State Cyber Security Incident Response Program
- an introduction to Digital Forensics Incident Response
- best practices
- ways to identify potential threats/compromises
- new procedures and tools to help you understand cyber threats to your systems and to develop a plan of action if a system is compromised
After you attend the overview and register your servers, Security and Compliance will help you develop a Cyber Security Incident Response Plan for your sensitive systems. This working session will include:
- identification of security loopholes and potential threat vectors
- containment, eradication and recovery steps in the event of a security compromise
To register, visit Classmate.