On Tuesday, Sept. 1, Apple Inc. will discontinue its iTunes U Private Sites service.
As a result, if you have content on NC State’s iTunes U Private Sites, it will no longer be available, as of Sept. 1. OIT will not back up this content. Here are some steps to take now.
- Download your content to an alternate location.
- Verify at iTunes if you have a Public Site Manager account.
- Move, if you prefer, your content to the Public Site Manager if it hasn’t been moved already. All content stored in the Public Site Manager cannot be restricted and is available to the public. Content creators or facilitators can migrate content or request a channel for the Public Site Manager. To do so:
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Put iTunes Feed Request in the subject line.
- Include in the body of the email:
- Title of the channel
- Apple IDs that will be associated with the account
- To create an Apple ID, see My Apple ID.
- Accessing and archiving content from iTunes U private sites
- iTunes U services, including distributing content in public and private iTunes U courses
- Alternatives to iTunes U – DELTA’s Moodle or Mediasite services
OIT has notified individuals who have content on NC State’s iTune U Private Sites that the service will be discontinued on Sept. 1. For additional information and updates, see SysNews.