As a Google Apps @ NC State user, you now have more control over who can download, print and copy your Google Apps files including documents, presentations, spreadsheets, or other files in Drive.
To enable this feature:
- Open your Google Apps file.
- Click the blue Share button at the top right corner.
- Click the Advanced link in the lower right hand corner.
- Check the box, Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers.
- Click the Save changes box.
Please note that once this setting is enabled:
- All entry points for downloading, printing and copying will be removed from Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides on all platforms. Individuals with edit permissions will still be able to download, print and copy your file or folder, even if this setting is enabled. This setting can only be enabled via the Web.
- Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations will show a notification at the top of the File and Edit menus.
For more details on Google’s new enhancements, check out the July edition of Google Apps What’s New. You can also follow the Google Service Team on: