If you’re transitioning into a new role here at NC State or want to increase your skills, our winter slate of workshops will get you off to a great start in the new year!
Get acquainted now with our essential and advanced Google Apps at NC State training to improve your productivity. Learn how to create slide presentations and worksheets, collect and analyze data, organize and share your pertinent documents, and communicate via video conferencing with your colleagues and classmates. Some of our upcoming training sessions include:
- Gmail: Advanced Tools, Tips & Tricks will be offered on Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Gmail and are ready to take it to the next level, this more advanced hands-on workshop is for you. You will learn more about creating labels, filters and canned responses, scheduling Google Calendar Events, and using Google Drive through Gmail, along with any planned or newly released Google features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Create and Collaborate with Google Drive will be offered on Thursday, Dec. 17 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. In this hands-on workshop, you will learn everything you need to know to get started using Google Docs/Drive at NC State. You will learn how to use Drive in a collaborative environment, including editing a file simultaneously with other people, securing a document through file sharing permissions, and creating files for use by a group of colleagues or friends. For this workshop, you will need to have an active NC State University Unity account with access to Google Apps at NC State. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than your Inbox will be offered on Tuesday, Jan. 12 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is much more to Gmail then composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. To register, visit Classmate.
- Introduction to Google Services will be offered on Wednesday, Jan. 13 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This workshop is intended to be the foundation for all other Google Apps workshops. Topics will include a review of currently available Google apps on campus, accessibility, recommended settings, security tips, support, Web Registry tools (e.g., generic accounts, calendar resources), searching, security, and much more! To register, visit Classmate.
- Using ServiceNow will be offered on Thursday, Jan. 14 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This course is designed to introduce the campus user to the ServiceNow Service Management suite of applications. Whether you are a transition user of the old Remedy call tracking system, an IT support staff member in a department already using ServiceNow, or someone who is interested in using ServiceNow, this course will help you understand the functional uses of ServiceNow and how you can integrate it into your workflow. This course is a prerequisite for other future customization and reporting courses. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to email@example.com.