MacPolicy Group Agenda
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
1:30 to 2:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X10.9.5-10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & System Eng: Francis Shepherdfirstname.lastname@example.org
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Antivirus for campus.
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://nc.jamfcloud.com/ and go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo for details
- UNC CAUSE – Oct 5-7, 2016 Everette will attend
- JAMF National Users Conference (JNUC) October 18-20, 2016 Everette will attend
2) Apple School Update- 5 min.
The program is now available. We have found 2 VPP sites that are legacy. We are working with the area Systems Engineer to see what options we have to update those before moving to Apple School. Discussion
3) Casper Suite update to 9.93 & 9.96 – 10 min.
nc.jamfcloud.com will move to Casper Suite 9.93 Sep 14, 2016 after 1800. The upgrade to 9.96 will happen Sep 21, 2016 if all testing goes well. We had delayed 9.93 due to fall semester startup. Patch detection is available in 9.96 as well as iOS 10 and macOS 10.12 support. Discussion
4) Casper JCDS testing again – 10 min
On Sep 26, 2016 we will add back the JCDS on nc.jamfcloud.com since the issue with large numbers of packages is fixed in Casper 9.96. The JCDS will be available for use in policies but will not be the default distribution server. If no issues are found we will look at Nov 2016 time frame for moving completely to JCDS as master and only distribution point. Discussion
5) Support for macOS 10.12 – 10 min
OIT will begin to support macOS 10.12 by Oct 1, 2016 with NetInstall images and Casper updates. Discussion
6) Q&A – 10 min.
Next meeting – Tue. Nov 8, 2016 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 1:30-2:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday quarterly: Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July.
All meetings will be held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld unless otherwise announced.
Please mark your calendar.