MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X10.9.5-10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgeemail@example.com & System Eng: Francis Shepherdfirstname.lastname@example.org
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection for Macintosh – www.ncsu.edu/it/antivirus. Antivirus for campus.
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- Slack channel ncstateit.slack.com#macintosh
- Casper Suite Enterprise service https://nc.jamfcloud.com/ and go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo for details
- Nov CPP Apple bulk buy – last day to submit a template is Friday, November 18 at 12:00PM.
2) Training Needs??- 5 min
- Secure Your iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad) – TBA
- OIT-Managing OS X with Casper Suite – Request
- OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request
- OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Casper – Request
3) Service Updates- 15 min
Casper – JCDS re-enable Nov 2, 2016 with specific package sync. Hoping to move to JCDS master in Dec 2016 after QA for production stability with large numbers of packages. Please do not use the patch management yet! Issues for Patch Management will be fixed with version 10.0. Casper Suite will be renamed as jamf Pro with version 10.
CrashPlan -Upgrading to server 5.4 before Thanksgiving break. Resolved issue with appliance log backup.
NetInstall – Moved nuke.nbi/sh to macOS 10.12.1. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed.
AutoPKGR – no new packages. Planning move to Casper Patching with version 10. Issue with macOS 10.12 compatibility.
Kaspersky – New update to release “F” for macOS 10.12 compatibility. Working on new network agent installer.
DEP/VPP/Apple School – still working on update to Apple School.
4) UNC CAUSE and Apple Managers SIG- 10 min
Still waiting for approval and creation at unccause.org G-Suite. Organizers for the first year at Everette Allen, NCSU and Kevin Snook, ASU. Topics will be adding domain to Casper login (ie email@example.com), JCDS master and Shared packaging. Discussion.
5) New Apple Hardware- 30 min
MacBook Pro – www.apple.com/macbook-pro/specs/
Thunderbolt 3/USB C – htwww.apple.com/thunderbolt/
TouchBar – Discussion
6) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Dec 13, 2016 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.