Upcoming OIT workshops include:
- Advanced Drive will be offered Tuesday, Dec. 20 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Are you comfortable creating folders, sharing documents and using Drive’s basic organization tools? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then you’re ready to take Drive to the next level. Come to this advanced workshop to learn about file management, uploading, exporting and converting documents, advanced searching, installing apps, and new functions. To register, visit Classmate.
- Google Calendar: Advanced Productivity will be offered Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. If you’re comfortable with the basics of Google Calendar and are ready to use some more of its features, this hands-on workshop is for you. This workshop will focus on calendar sections (e.g., my calendar, other calendars, mini calendar), event details and calendar management. Specific features will include event attachments, maps and directions, sharing and embedding calendars, labs, quick add, search options, mobile notifications, and scheduling Hangouts (video conferencing). To register, visit Classmate.
- Duo Two-Factor Authentication IT Support Training will be offered Tuesday, Jan. 10 and Thursday, Jan. 19 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. Register for this one-hour session that will cover common end-user questions, managing business processes and challenges, adding and managing devices, and more! To register and to view additional training opportunities, visit Classmate.
- Cisco WebEx will be offered Wednesday, Jan. 11 from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. This lunch and learn event will provide an overview of how Cisco WebEx Online Meetings enables you to virtually meet, share content and video conference with anyone in the world with an Internet connection, including mobile users. To register, visit Classmate.
- Gmail: More than your Inbox will be offered Thursday, Jan. 12 from 9 a.m. to noon in Room 110 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. There is more to Gmail than just composing, replying to and forwarding messages. This workshop will provide an in-depth overview of Gmail features, including an emphasis on labels and search tools, contacts management, chat, tasks, settings, labs, and new features. A reference including many additional helpful resources will also be provided. To register, visit Classmate.
- Accessibility Scanner Browser Tools will be offered Friday, Jan. 13 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Room 106 of the Avent Ferry Technology Center. From the beginning to the end of a project, accessibility is an important aspect of development. This session will be covering the browser tools that are part of the Accessibility Scanner suite and how they can be included in the development of your project. To register, visit Classmate.
For other available training sessions, visit Classmate Scheduled Workshops. If you are interested in custom software training, complete the Custom Training Form. Email all training questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.