MacTech Group Agenda
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
2:30 to 4:30 — Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
1) Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports OS X 10.11.6 and macOS 10.12 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales Rep: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & System Eng: Francis email@example.com
- macOS and OS X versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752?viewlocale=en_US
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage with purchase info.
- Antivirus for campus – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get access to training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should register at gsx.apple.com Email Everette_Allen@ncsu.edu for Sold-to Account number and approval. Must login monthly to keep!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/it-purchases/background-unc-cpi
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/casper, go.ncsu.edu/casperinfo and go.ncsu.edu/UWC for details
2) Training Needs??- 5 min
- Secure Your iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad) – Wed May 17, 2017 AFH-106-OIT-Multipurpose Room
and Fri, Apr 5 from 2-3 pm see go.ncsu.edu/expo2017
- OIT-Managing OS X with Casper Suite – Request
- OIT-Casper Best Practices for Packagers – Request
- OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Casper – Request
- Local Based Commercial Training
3) Service Updates- 20 min
Casper – Upgrading to 9.971488392992 Wed Mar 15, 9.98 should land within 30 days will need testing! but fixes 1 LDAP issue and 2 issues with JCDS. Plan to move to JCDS master by March 30 depending on 9.98 schedule/testing. Purchasing the Service Now Plugin for Jamf Pro to replace custom inventory import (www.jamf.com/resources/jamf-pro-and-servicenow-integration/). NCSSM LDAP to be added before March 30, 2017, Rumors: FSU may join. New prices for support at Nov renewal might add $1.80 per seat.
CrashPlan -Added DASA, Looking at 5.x install issue where server config not applied.
NetInstall – nuke.nbi/sh is macOS 10.12.3. 10.11.3 set (nuke10113.nbi & sh). are still available if needed.
AutoPKGR – Looking at removing Extension Attribute updates due to JAMF Patch Titles. No new recipes.
Antivirus -Kaspersky gone. No antivirus for non-university devices. Univ-Owned should
use: NCSU-Campus-System Center Endpoint Protection for macOS Installer.pkg at nc.jamfcloud.com/packages.html?id=3853
DEP/VPP/Apple School – still waiting for Apple School Manger to come out of beta before updating.
Endpoint Protection – Working on mac OS profile and package testing to go along with
Draft “BluePrint for macOS Endpoint Protection” (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pdv8Z3aU374i1cNwvvrEd3yRnmeU2qXRolpYwP8jaUs/edit), Also looking at creating Service Now “Endpoint Compliance” report for all points of the standard.
4) Moving to email for JAMF Pro login – 20 min
To help avoid directory name space collisions, OIT is proposing we move to using the email address (ie firstname.lastname@example.org) to login to JAMF Pro(like Google). This would include both the web interface, all native clients and Self Service.app. Discussion
5) Futures – DEP for AppleTV – 10 min
Some web sites are reporting that the next release of tvOS will have DEP support and allow complete OTA management via MDM. We suspect JAMF will support this but not until the JAMF Pro 10 latter in 2017. Would this be useful to folks? Discussion
6) Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Apr 11, 2017 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacPolicy – 2nd Tuesday each quarter in Feb, May, Sep, Nov.
Neither MacPolicy or MacTech will not meet in July. Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.