NC State’s IT Accessibility Office is sponsoring its annual Website Accessibility Challenge in celebration of the Seventh Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on Thursday, May 17.
The Web Accessibility Challenge encourages campus website owners and designers to make accessibility improvements to their websites and amplifies GAAD’s mission to get everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access, inclusion and people with different disabilities.
The Web Accessibility Challenge will run from Friday, Feb. 9 to Friday, April 13 and will recognize campus websites in two categories:
- Sites that improve their overall accessibility by the greatest percentage
- Sites that have accessibility errors on 2 percent or less of their pages
How can you take the challenge? To participate, simply complete the 2018 NC State Website Accessibility Challenge form by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2. You will be sent an initial accessibility report of your website along with instructions for the challenge.
Campus website owners and designers who need help to identify and correct accessibility barriers can attend the following Co-Working Day Drop-ins:
- Friday, Feb. 16, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Room 106 Avent Ferry Technology Center
- Friday, March 9, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Room 106 Avent Ferry Technology Center
- Friday, March 30, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Room 106 Avent Ferry Technology Center
Challenge winners will be announced on Friday, April 20 on the NC State Website Accessibility Challenge site.
For more information about the challenge, contact Crystal Tenan, IT Accessibility Coordinator, at 919.513.4087 or email@example.com.