MacTech Groups Agenda
Tuesday, Jun 11, 2019
2:30 to 4:30 pm
Room B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Announcements – 5 min
- OIT only supports macOS 10.13.6 or newer
- Status page for jamfcloud.com services see http://status.jamfsoftware.com
- OIT Macintosh Support Web Site go.ncsu.edu/mac for updates.
- Slack group ncstateit.slack.com #macintosh
- Apple Sales: Paul Petrogeorgefirstname.lastname@example.org & Sys Eng: Dave Andersenemail@example.com
- macOS versions that shipped with Intel Hardware: support.apple.com/kb/HT1159
- Vintage and Obsolete Apple Products: support.apple.com/kb/HT1752
- Apple Education Support Line 800-800-2775 use this number only. Always verify Apple Care Coverage.
- Antivirus for university owned devices – go.ncsu.edu/antivirus
- Unity Macintosh Workflow uses Active Directory configuration with local home directory at /Users/$uid$
- OIT supports only Apple, Intel (i386) hardware for Mac OS and software. Only unmodified iOS is supported.
- Please remember to check prices at www.apple.com/education/pricelists/ to verify best price with NC State Marketplace
- Authorized NC State personnel wanting to get training and tools for Apple Certified Technician should request invitation by opening a help desk ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org Must login to GSX monthly!!
- UNC Combined Pricing Initiative (CPI) oit.ncsu.edu/campus-it/it-purchasing/unc-combined-pricing-initiative-cpi-program-at-nc-state/
- JAMF Pro Enterprise service go.ncsu.edu/jamf, go.ncsu.edu/jamfinfo and go.ncsu.edu/uwc for details
- JNUC 2019 www.jamf.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2019/
- NOTE: No MacTech meeting in July!
Training – 5 min
OIT-iOS Mobile Device Security – TBA reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-iOSMob-Security&deptName=OIT
OIT-Managing Apple Devices with Jamf Pro – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro01-JPro01&deptName=OIT
OIT-Jamf Pro Best Practices for Packagers – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro03-JPro03&deptName=OIT
OIT-Advanced OS X Management with Jamf Pro – Request reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-JPro02-JPro02&deptName=OIT
CrashPlan for Sub-Org Administrators – Request – reporter.ncsu.edu/link/courseview?courseID=OIT-CPlan1-CPlan1&deptName=OIT
Local Based Commercial Training – training.computertree.com/course/
JAMF Pro Training – www.jamf.com/training/
Service Updates – 15 min
Configuration Management – Jamf Pro 10.11.1 is production.
— Jamf Pro 10.12 is now available for test on nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com
Release notes: https://docs.jamf.com/10.12.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/What’s_New.html
— NOTE that Jamf Imaging is End of Life – “Due to recent improvements in macOS security, hardware, management, and deployment, the Jamf Imaging app will not be notarized or receive further feature updates.”
— Also, have tested Jamf Connect with Google Identity and it works.
CommunityPatch – No change. PLEASE TEST in nccloudtest.jamfcloud.com!!
CrashPlan – Move to version 6.8.8, requirement of <unityId>@ncsu.edu as username, and change of Roles to use standard roles is complete. Working toward move to full cloud hosting by end of June 2019.
Internet Recovery – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904 Command-Option-R to install latest version for hardware or Command-R to install currently installed version.
Software Packaging – autopkg-conductor is installed and working but still have to manually upload some packages. Also manually working on Adobe Packages, MatLab Packages and package to name macOS devices for Prestage and startosinstall deployment.
AntiMalware– MSSCEP is End Of Life by Microsoft and should be removed. DetectX Swift is now available and should be installed see oit.ncsu.edu/help-support/apple/jamf-pro/detectx-setup-in-jamf-pro/
Sensitive Data Discovery – NCSU-Campus-SpirionIdentityFinder1054.pkg
Apple School Manager – No changes or updates
AppleCare for Enterprise update – AppleCare for Enterprise is on hold pending Apple being able to add to MarketPlace
Endpoint Protection Standard – REMINDER Phase 1 deadline is June 30m 2019
See Jamf Pro Cheat Sheet at
New Adobe Packages for Shared Devices – 5 min
OIT Licensing has arbitrarily provided a set of 6 packages for Adobe CC 2019 (20.x) under the new license as follows:
a) Basic — Bridge, Illustrator, InCopy, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop
b) Audio-Visual — After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, Prelude, Premiere Pro, Premiere Rush
c) Misc — Animate, Character Animator, Dreamweaver, Lightroom Classic, XD
d) Shared Device License – These are Unit and Location Specific
e) Acrobat Pro Named Only – No device licenses available yet
f) Uninstaller – tries to remove every single Adobe Product
We are working on packaging for Jamf Pro but the provided packages are 1) not signed, 2) not flat, and 3) named only. New shared device licenses are complicated and will require each group to have their own license installer (there are 18). Discussion
WWDC 2019 Recap – 10 min
Hardware – New MacPro and iPod Touch.
Software – iPad OS, Significant Security changes in macOS. Discussion.
Jamf Pro Feedback Session – 60 min
Stacey Behlmer, Senior Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Q&A – 15 min
You ask we try to answer
MacTech – Tue. Aug 13, 2019 in Room B16-B Hillsborough from 2:30-4:30 pm.
MacTech – 2nd Tuesday each month: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
MacTech dos not meet in July.
Meetings usually held in B16-B Hillsborough Bld.
Please mark your calendar.