A new name is not the only change you will see while using Google Meet, formerly Google Hangouts Meet. Recently, Google rolled out several changes to enhance your experience with the video conferencing tool.
You are now able to:
- Share higher-quality videos, gifs, animations, and audio with the new present a Chrome tab feature. To use this feature:
- Access the content you would like to share using Google Chrome.
- During the Google Meet, click Present.
- Select A Chrome tab.
- Choose the tab you would like to present.
If you would like to include audio, make sure Share audio is checked.
- Click Share.
- See up to 16 people simultaneously with the tile layout option. To use this option:
- Join or start a Google Meet video.
- Click the More icon ( ⠇).
- Select Change layout.
- Select Tiled layout.
- Use Gmail to start or join a video meeting quickly. To do so:
- Open Gmail.
- Select Start a meeting or Join a meeting.
To join a meeting, you will need to enter the 10-digit code or nickname provided by the meeting organizer.
For more information, see:
- Present high-quality video and audio in Google Meet.
- See up to 16 Google Meet participants at once with tiled layout.
- Start or join a Google Meet video meeting directly from Gmail.
If you have any questions, contact the NC State Help Desk at 919.515.4357 (HELP) or via the NC State IT Service Portal.