You’re invited to create new Spaces to organize your group members, topics and projects in Google Workspace at NC State. Last June, Google announced that it would replace Chat Rooms with Spaces.
In line with previous Google updates, Spaces integrates with Calendar, Drive, Chat, Tasks, and other apps across Workspace. The updated interface will feature a new left-hand navigation, which includes several of these primary Workspace apps.
In Spaces, you can:
- Create and share docs.
- Discuss and edit files side by side.
- See status from your Google Calendar.
- Run interactive polls.
You also have access to new features including:
- In-line topic threading
- Presence indicators
- Assigned tasks
- Expressive reactions, custom statuses using emojis, and GIFs
- Improved content search across Spaces
- Message pinning
- User roles and moderation tools
- Discoverable spaces
For more information about this update, visit:
- Bridging the hybrid work gaps with Google Workspace
- Evolving Rooms in Google Chat to Spaces to create a richer, more collaborative experience
For a complete list of new Google features, visit Google Workspace Updates.