NC State employees provide the first line of defense against cybersecurity attacks that target the entire campus community.
To increase awareness of cybersecurity best practices and protect university and personal data, all employees are reminded to complete the mandatory online Data Security Training module by Monday, Jan. 31. To date, about 28% of about 24,000 university employees, including student employees, have completed the annual training.
Developed by the Office of Information Technology and campus affiliates, this module focuses on cybersecurity awareness topics critical to the university, such as phishing, data classification and mobile device security. The online module is one of many IT resources that can help reduce human error — the leading cause of compromised systems.
- Were pre-registered last October for the Data Security Training in the REPORTER course management system.
- Should have received an email with instructions on how to access the training module. New hires will be contacted via email or can register for the training via the Onboarding Checklist in the MyPack Portal.
- Have the option to watch the 30-minute training module with Spanish or French subtitles.
- May complete the module in multiple sessions but must watch the entire module and answer all of the knowledge questions.
- Will receive via email a Certificate of Completion upon successfully reviewing the material. Completion will also be recorded in REPORTER as part of the employees’ required training portfolio.
- Will receive, along with their supervisor, email reminders until the training module is completed.
- Will be copied on reminders emailed to their employees who have not completed the training.
- Must verify that their employees have completed the training module by Monday, Jan. 31. See A Manager’s Guide to Checking Required Training Activity for detailed instructions on viewing training records in REPORTER.
Direct any questions about the Data Security Training to the NC State Help Desk via the IT Service Portal or call 919.515.4357 (HELP).