Approximately 70% of NC State employees, including student employees, have completed the required Data Security Training (DST) as of Feb. 14.
The online training focuses on cybersecurity awareness topics critical to the university, such as phishing, data classification and mobile device security; it is one of many IT resources that can help reduce human error — the leading cause of compromised systems.
The largest groups who are non-compliant include those with “no pay accounts” (e.g., visitors, contractors, retirees) and student workers. NC State employees provide the first line of defense against cybersecurity attacks that target the entire campus community and are encouraged to complete the annual training.
- Can access the training via the REPORTER course management system. See the Upcoming Course Section. New hires will be contacted via email or can register for the training via the Onboarding Checklist in the MyPack Portal.
- Will receive via email a Certificate of Completion upon successfully reviewing the material. Completion will also be recorded in REPORTER as part of the employees’ required training portfolio.
- Will receive, along with their supervisor, email reminders until the training module is completed.
- Will continue to be copied on email reminders for their employees who have not completed the training. Note: Supervisors should carefully review their employee list and contact their human resources representative to remove the name of any individual who does not report to them.
- Must verify that their employees have completed the training module. See A Manager’s Guide to Checking Required Training Activity for detailed instructions on viewing training records in REPORTER.
Direct any questions about the Data Security Training to the NC State Help Desk via the IT Service Portal or call 919.515.4357 (HELP).