Have you ever hit send on an email and immediately realized that you made a mistake, forgot to copy someone on it or didn’t include some important details? Did you know that for a brief period of time you can unsend an email in Gmail? Here’s how:
- Compose an email in Gmail and hit Send.
A black box will appear in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen displaying:
- Message sent
- View message
- Click Undo to reopen the email and update your message.
- Hit Send to resend the message.
Change the undo send cancellation period
The default setting to undo a sent email is 5 seconds. To change the undo send cancellation period:
- In Gmail, click the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click See all settings.
- Under the General tab, locate Undo Send.
- Change the Send cancellation period from 5 seconds to 10, 20 or 30 seconds.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.