Note: Please check this web page for the latest updates or see the NC State IT Service Portal.
As part of the university’s Power Forward project, the Facilities Division plans to transition the facility housing a primary campus data center to the new, upgraded power distribution system starting on Saturday, Oct. 15 to early Tuesday, Oct. 18, resulting in a temporary power outage for many campus enterprise IT services. This work was rescheduled from early this month due to inclement weather.
Schedule and Availability of IT Services
During this time, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will continue to operate some IT services on backup power in a degraded state or at offsite data centers. Google Workspace and campus authentication services such as Shibboleth and Duo Security are expected to function as normal.
To minimize the greater risk of prolonged outages due to power transitions, OIT will shut down many critical enterprise IT services following the schedule below.
12:01 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15 to 6 a.m. Monday, Oct. 17:
Impacted enterprise services will be taken offline and will be unavailable to campus. These services include but are not limited to:
- Advance System
- Financial System
- Human Resources System, including Wolftime and Time Clocks
- MyPack Portal
- OnBase Document Management System
- Oracle Identity Management including Self-Service Password Management
- RedHat Network Satellite service
- SAS Visual Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms
- Student Information System
- System Access Request (SAR)
- Wolfpack Reporting System (WRS)
6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17
Campus enterprise services are expected to be available on generator power.
5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 17 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18
Services such as those listed above will be taken offline to transition the data center from the generator to the new campus utility infrastructure.
6 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18
All services are expected to be available.
- If you have questions about this IT service outage:
- For more information about the campus power transitions, contact the Facilities Division via the Power Forward website.