The Wolfpack community is the university’s strongest defense against cyber threats. To strengthen the defense, OIT reminds required IT users to complete Data Security Training.
All active employees, including faculty, staff and student employees as well as no-pay employees and retirees, are required to complete the annual training. As of Nov. 11, approximately 15% of 25,143 campus employees have completed the Data Security Training module.
The 30-minute training module focuses on cybersecurity awareness topics, including phishing, data classification and mobile device security, and provides resources to protect IT users against various cyber attacks that threaten data security and privacy. Campus IT users must complete the training by Friday, Jan. 27, 2023.
What you should know
As an employee, you:
- Have been pre-registered and received an email from REPORTER with instructions on how to access the Data Security Training.
- Have the option to watch the module with Spanish or French subtitles.
- May complete the module in multiple sessions. You must watch the entire module and answer all of the knowledge questions.
- Will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successfully reviewing the material. Completion will also be recorded in REPORTER as part of your required training portfolio.
- Will receive, along with your supervisor, email reminders until you have completed the training module.
- Campus supervisors must verify that their employees have completed the training module by January 27, 2023. See Reviewing Compliance Warnings for detailed instructions on viewing training records in REPORTER.
- Campus supervisors will be copied on reminders for their employees who have not completed the training.
If you have questions about the Data Security Training, contact the NC State Help Desk via the NC State IT Service Portal or call 919.515.4357 (HELP).