Updating Virus Definitions for Trend Micro OfficeScan for Windows
Your copy of Trend Micro OfficeScan for Microsoft Windows is set to update itself on a daily basis. It will check in with NC State's antivirus parent servers once an hour, receiving any new antivirus definitions and product updates that may be available.
If you have a need to manually update your virus definitions, use the following procedure:
- Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- Right click the blue Trend Micro OfficeScan icon, located in the right-hand portion of your system tray (at the bottom of the screen).
- In the menu that appears, select Update Now.
- In the Trend Micro OfficeScan update window that appears, click the Update Now button.
- Wait while Trend Micro OfficeScan checks in with the update server. This will take several moments to complete.
- If the update process is successful, the window will display:
Component update is complete.
- Click the Close button to finish.
If you have problems while performing these steps, contact the NC State Help Desk for assistance.