- Go to the iTunes App Store.
- Download and install: AnyConnect Security Mobility Client.
- Find the newly installed AnyConnect application.
- To open it, tap on the AnyConnect icon.
- The first time you start AnyConnect, you’ll get this message: “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client extends the VPN capabilities of your device. Do you want to enable this software?“
- Select OK.
- Select Add VPN Connection.
- Enter the following VPN settings:
- To start the VPN service while the application is loaded: move the AnyConnect VPN slider to On.
- When prompted, select your Group from the drop-down menu, :
1-Faculty-and-Staff: group for all employees.
2-Student: group for all students.
3-Student-Health-Center: specialized group for Student Health Center.
4-Vendor: specialized group for vendor access.
5-OIT-Staff: specialized group for OIT staff.
6-Faculty-and-Staff-FT: group for all employees with all connections in a full tunnel.
7-Student-FT: group for all students with all connections in a full tunnel.
- Then enter your Unity ID, password, and in the Second Password Field type either push, sms, or a passcode to authenticate.
- Tap the Connect link.
- The Duo software will then either prompt for confirmation or send a passcode. To learn more about authentication with Duo see https://oit.ncsu.edu/it-security/2fa/.
You are now connected to NC State’s VPN service. This is indicated by the VPN icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- To Disconnect: