These instructions are for installing and using the Cisco AnyConnect client on Linux and have been tested with:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Other versions of Linux are known to support the Cisco AnyConnect client but have not been fully tested by ComTech. OpenVPN may also work as an alternative to the Cisco AnyConnect client but is not a supported configuration.
- Download the installation file.
- Uninstall any previous versions of the AnyConnect client, using the uninstall script by running:
- Untar the gzip’d tar file, which creates a directory that begins with:
- cd into the anyconnect directory.
- cd into the vpn directory.
- Install the VPN with the command:
Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Click on the Cisco AnyConnect icon.
- In the Connection tab:
Click on Disconnect.