These instructions are for installing and using the Cisco AnyConnect client on Linux and have been tested with:
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Other versions of Linux are known to support the Cisco AnyConnect client but have not been fully tested by ComTech. OpenVPN may also work as an alternative to the Cisco AnyConnect client but is not a supported configuration.
- Download the installation file.
- Uninstall any previous versions of the AnyConnect client.
- Untar the gzip’d tar file (as root).
This creates a ciscovpn directory.
- Go to ciscovpn and enter:
sudo sh ./vpn_install.sh
- When the installation is complete, see Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client (below).
Using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client.
- Make sure you are connecting to vpn.ncsu.edu.
- Select the appropriate Group and enter your Unity ID and password.
- Click the Connect button.
- Click on the Cisco AnyConnect icon.
- In the Connection tab:
Click on Disconnect.