Skip to content
- The Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) provides an easy-to-use registry that ranks computers according to 53 factory-to-landfill environmental criteria including ENERGY STAR compliance. EPEAT Gold products:
- reduce energy costs, energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
- have a high percentage of recycled materials in products and packaging.
- reduce the environmental impact of manufacuturing, use and disposal.
- reduce health risks such as toxic materials and hazardous waste.
- ENERGY Star now certifies:
- Purchasing a desktop or laptop computer with university funds?
Be sure to visit the NC State CPI Consolidated IT Purchasing Program website.
- Purchasing a computer for personal use?
See Your Computer at NC State.
- Want to calculate the environmental benefit of EPEAT purchases?
See University of Tennessee Center for Clean Products.