Overview of Cisco Jabber
Cisco Jabber offers secure collaboration with campus contacts and is available for use on PC or Mac, as well as mobile devices such as Android, iPhone/iPod, and iPad. You can use Cisco Jabber as a chat client-only, or enable the additional Jabber Softphone feature to use your computer as a phone, without the need of a physical desk phone.
Cisco Jabber brings together all of the following features:
Instant Messaging – Chat with campus contacts.
Persistent Chat Rooms – Keep a running tab on topics and conversations.
Presence – Display your presence or any custom status. On the go? Now you can share your Location! (This feature is disabled by default.)
Alert when Available – Receive alerts when a contact becomes available.
Phone Integration –
- You may use Jabber as a phone, or
- Jabber can remote control your desk phone (requires Cisco Jabber Softphone. Please read the Jabber FAQs for more information).
Voicemail – Listen to and Manage your voice messages.
File Transfer – Transfer files via FTP to other Cisco Jabber users.
Audio and Video Conferencing – With integration to WebEx, use Jabber to launch or join a WebEx meeting.
Telepresence Soft Client – Use Jabber to call other telepresence devices or a multipoint video bridge.
Screen Share and Screen Control – Share your screen or your mouse with other Cisco Jabber users.
Best of all, it’s completely FREE!
Note: Requires VoIP Service. Not available for Analog service lines.
Implementing Cisco Jabber
- Click here to enable the service. The page will open in a new tab.
- Click the Jabber Chat Services – Multiplatform option to enable ONLY the chat client.
- Click the Jabber Chat Services – Multiplatform option AND the Jabber Softphone option to enable BOTH Chat and Softphone features.
- You must enable the service for EACH of the devices you wish to use Cisco Jabber Softphone.
- Once you have enabled the service(s), close the tab.
- Download the software (or install the App) for each device:
- Refer to the Installation and Setup Guide for Cisco Jabber for your specific device (click the Training and Resources link below).
- Upload a Profile Picture – Faculty / Staff Accounts or Service / Generic Accounts.
Training and Resources – Online tutorials, Quick Reference Guides, User Manuals, and FAQs.