Cisco IP Communicator is a multi-line, Windows PC-based softphone application that lets you use an NC State supplied computer or laptop to make premium calls. With a Bluetooth or USB headset, USB speakerphone, or laptop mic/speakers and Cisco IP Communicator, you can easily access any NC State phone number and voicemail. All you need is an Internet connection and remote access (VPN) to the NC State network, whether you are working from home, supporting a department, or traveling on NC State business.
CIPC Softphone is a service that is convenient and easy to use, with a broad range of features, such as:
- Eight line keys – These keys provide telephone lines and direct access to telephony features.
- Five soft keys – These keys dynamically give you call-feature options.
- Messages – This key gives you direct access to your voicemail messages.
- Directories – Identifies incoming calls and messages and categorizes them on the screen, allowing you to return calls quickly and effectively using direct dial-back capability.
- Settings – This key allows you to select from a large number of ringer sounds and background images.
- Services – Allows you to quickly access diverse information such as weather, stocks, quotes of the day, or any other web-based information.
- Help – The online Help feature gives you information about the phone keys, buttons, and features.
Best of all, it’s completely FREE!
Note: If you choose Cisco Jabber softphone feature AND Cisco CIPC softphone, DO NOT run these two applications at the same time on the same PC/laptop. They can be installed on the same laptop/PC however, they utilize the same system resources on your laptop/PC which could crash the applications.
Implementing Cisco IP Communicator
- Visit the Self Service page to enable the service. The page will open in a new window.
- Once you have enabled the service, close the tab.
- Download the CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.msi file.
- Refer to the Installation and Setup Guide for Cisco IP Communicator.
Training Resources – Online tutorials, Quick Reference Guides, User Manuals, and FAQs.