With the Web Inbox web tool, you can use your computer to listen to your voicemail messages and send new ones.
Note: This article only refers to managing Voicemail messages with the Messages tab within Web Inbox. For instructions on managing Voicemail settings with the Settings tab, please see the article Messaging Assistant.
Listening to a Message
- Log in to Web Inbox with your Unity ID and password.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the window, select the type of message you want to listen to (Inbox, Deleted, or Sent).
- In the bottom right-hand corner of the window, choose how you want to listen to your message by selecting Phone or Computer.
- If you choose Phone, enter the phone number at which you want to listen to your message.
- Highlight and double-click on the message you want to hear.
- If you choose Phone to listen to the message, the system will call the number you have entered in Step 3. When you answer the call, the message will play.
- If you choose the Computer to listen to the message, it will play through your computer speakers. You can adjust the volume using the sliding bar at the bottom left-hand corner of the window.
- While the message is playing:
- Stop and restart the message by clicking on the Pause and Play icons on the right-hand end of the highlighted bar.
- Skip back to an earlier point in the message by clicking to the left of the message progress indicator.
- Highlight a message you want to work with.
- Click on one of the following options:
- Reply All
- Mark Unread
Note: At present, when you delete a message, it is deleted permanently. You cannot recover it from the Deleted folder.
Composing a New Message
- At the bottom right-hand corner of the window, click Phone.
- In the Phone Number box, enter the phone number you want the system to call you.
- At the upper right-hand corner of the window, click the New message button.
- In the New Message window, begin typing the addressee’s name in the To: field, then select the full name from the list.
- If you wish, click Add Cc and/or Add Bcc to include other addresses in the same manner.
- Enter a Subject for the voicemail. This will appear in the addressee’s inbox on the Web.
- Mark the checkboxes for Urgent, Private, and Read Receipt as desired.
- Click the Record button and click the Start Recording button.
- When your phone rings, pick up the handset and begin recording your message.
- Click Stop Recording when you are finished, and then press Send.
Note: Web Inbox cannot replay your message. Suppose you are not satisfied with the message click Cancel and start again.