www4.ncsu.edu Web Services
Description of service
NC State www4 servers deliver personal Web pages for the campus community. All NC State students, faculty and staff receive an allocation of personal network (AFS) file space accessible via www4.ncsu.edu as part of their Unity account privileges.
Clients eligible for service
All those with active Unity computing accounts
Personal use only
Duration of service
As long as Unity account is active
No additional cost
To obtain service
Log in with your Unity ID to the WWW4 Setup Utility to set up your www directory for Web pages in your personal Unity file space. URLs for www4 Web pages take the form
Rules of use
All NC State computer and network resources, including www4 servers, are governed by Administrative Regulations – Computer Use. Section III, Personal Use applies particularly to use of www4. In summary, all uses of www 4
- Must comply with all federal and state laws and the policies, directives and regulations of the UNC System and NC State.
- Must NOT overload or impede University computing and networking systems. See also Peer-to-peer file sharing statement,
- Must NOT result in commercial gain or private profit or contain paid advertising.
- Must NOT violate copyright, trademark laws or University licensing agreements. See copyright infringement information
- Must NOT violate laws or University policies against race, sex, religious, disability, or age discrimination, or harassment
- Must NOT result in any direct cost to the University.
- Must NOT state or imply University sponsorship or endorsement
- Must include the following disclaimer: “The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.”
Additional service restrictions
- www4 services do not include providing restricted access(password protection) to Web based information. Those who need to limit access to their personal Web sites may contact the NC State Help Desk. E-mail help.ncsu.edu or telephone 515-HELP(4357).
- www4 services do not include “server-side includes” or cgi-bin services.
Last updated: 08.17.10 jd
Send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Policies, Regulations and Rules (PRR) Disclaimer:
This site contains information regarding policies, regulations and rules (PRRs) of North Carolina State University. To the extent of any conflict between the information on this site and the actual policy, regulation or rule, the actual policy, rule or regulation governs. NCSU policies, regulations and rules can be found at the PRR Web Site.