The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive, equitable and welcoming environment built on a foundation of mutual respect where all are treated fairly and with dignity. Our diversity enhances OIT’s collective ability to serve our university and community, making us greater than the sum of our parts. With this understanding, we strive to continually identify and eliminate barriers that prevent the full participation of some groups or individuals while broadening our knowledge and appreciation of the differences and similarities that make each member of the OIT team valuable.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
A message from our cross campus collaborators and partners!
On behalf of the Staff Senate DEI Committee and Juneteenth 2023 Planning Committee, I want to share my gratitude for the work and efforts you and the folks in your office, unit, or department have contributed to the success of this year’s Juneteenth 2023 celebration.
This year’s theme was community, rest, and celebration, and we did just that!
With the help of all of us, we welcomed and celebrated Juneteenth with over 500 NC State Community Members in attendance at this year’s event! None of this would have been possible without your passion and participation from setup to breakdown, registration, and engagement!
By the numbers:
299 Faculty & Staff
59 Community Members
145 Students (graduate & undergraduate)
Total 512 participants!
- Integrate DEIB related information from across campus
- Share OIT DEIB related news and updates
- Maintain the website
- Communicate within OIT about DEIB resources and campus opportunities
- Maintain a list of DEIB resources for OIT staff
OIT Staff Learning Opportunities
- Develop training opportunities relevant to managers/supervisors
- Coordinate OIT-specific training, create groups to discuss resources, etc.
- Invite guest speakers for OIT and the broader IT community
- Coordinate the Lunch Buddies program
- Develop resources for OIT New Employee Orientation
- Develop DEIB recruitment strategies
OIT DEIB Advisory Team
- Communicate DEIB strategies to IT and OIT leadership that enhance OIT activities
- Coordinate with other campus diversity organizations
For more information on these groups, contact Karen Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEI -N- Technology
We feel it is important to highlight how diversity, equity and inclusion are incorporated into and celebrated in the field of technology. Below you will find articles/resources links that showcase DEI in technology.
Campus-Wide Diversity Event Calendar
- One stop integrated University DEIB calendar (hosted by OIED) of events.
- Submit your DEIB event for ad hoc or recurring event and activities.
Movies, books, podcasts and other media. Please share these resources with other staff.