The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is committed to creating and fostering an inclusive, equitable and welcoming environment built on a foundation of mutual respect where all are treated fairly and with dignity. Our diversity enhances OIT’s collective ability to serve our university and community, making us greater than the sum of our parts. With this understanding, we strive to continually identify and eliminate barriers that prevent the full participation of some groups or individuals while broadening our knowledge and appreciation of the differences and similarities that make each member of the OIT team valuable.
A Path to Inclusion and Belonging:
The OIT Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Team has collaborated with the Office of Inclusion, Equity and Diversity (OIED) to develop and offer the following monthly workshop series — created specifically for OIT:
Equity First: The Path to Inclusion and Belonging
Please consider participating in this optional series of monthly lunch-hour workshops.
This workshop series is designed to help everyone in OIT take an active role in creating and maintaining a healthy working environment. If interested, please try to attend all six workshops.
Be on the lookout for the following calendar invitations from Karen Horne. Please RSVP (in the calendar invite) to help us plan accordingly.
- Part 1: Wed, November 8 (noon – 1 p.m.)
- Part 2: Wed, December – 6 (12:30- 2)
- Part 3: Wed, January 10 (12:30 – 2 p.m.)
- Part 4: Wed, February 7 (12-1:30 p.m.)
- Part 5: Wed, March 6 (12 – 1:30 p.m.)
- Part 6: Wed, April 10 (12 – 1:30 p.m.)
OIT DEIB Lunch & Learn (more to come)
OIT DEIB Movie & Discussion (more to come)
- Integrate DEIB related information from across campus
- Share OIT DEIB related news and updates
- Maintain the website
- Communicate within OIT about DEIB resources and campus opportunities
- Maintain a list of DEIB resources for OIT staff
OIT Staff Learning Opportunities
- Develop training opportunities relevant to managers/supervisors
- Coordinate OIT-specific training, create groups to discuss resources, etc.
- Invite guest speakers for OIT and the broader IT community
- Coordinate the Lunch Buddies program
- Develop resources for OIT New Employee Orientation
- Develop DEIB recruitment strategies
OIT DEIB Advisory Team
- Communicate DEIB strategies to IT and OIT leadership that enhance OIT activities
- Coordinate with other campus diversity organizations
For more information on these groups, contact Karen Horne at email@example.com
DEI -N- Technology
We feel it is important to highlight how diversity, equity and inclusion are incorporated into and celebrated in the field of technology. Below you will find articles/resources links that showcase DEI in technology.
Campus-Wide Diversity Event Calendar
- One stop integrated University DEIB calendar (hosted by OIED) of events.
- Submit your DEIB event for ad hoc or recurring event and activities.
Movies, books, podcasts and other media. Please share these resources with other staff.