Email & Calendaring
These services are available to all students, faculty and staff, except where noted:
- Google Apps @ NC State is the official university email and calendaring system. This is the email account to which all official university communications are sent. Your email address is in this format:
For additional apps, see Google Apps @ NC State.
- Official university email is always sent to your UnityID@ncsu.edu email account.
- Google Generic Accounts facilitate group use of an email address.
- Email Groups allow faculty, staff and graduate students to receive email related to a particular topic or from a particular group and to send email to a list of interested parties. See:
- Email alias is an easy-to-remember alternative email address (available only to faculty, staff, graduate students, and student organizations).
- Email address updating is done through the MyPack Portal.
- Email forwarding is discouraged but can be done within Gmail.
- Antispam and antivirus scanning are provided by Google.
- Central email archiving and retention services for faculty and staff are provided by Google Vault.
- To keep your email safe and secure, see: Safe Computing at NC State
Google Calendar is the university online calendaring resource for scheduling campus meetings, events and facilities.