The VCIT and the CIO is one person, currently Dr. Marc Hoit, who is appointed by the chancellor and whose focus is on:
- Improving the IT governance on campus to include input and collaboration on decisions and directions for IT.
- Developing a strategic operations plan for the central IT organization that will focus on providing services to the university that are more efficient, effective and responsive to its customers.
- Developing a strategic plan for campus that involves all the units, groups and constituents and that infuses IT into the fabric of university.
Throughout the remainder of this document, the VCIT & CIO will be referred to simply as the VCIT.
The VCIT considers all topics brought forward to him from the major groups that report to and advise him:
- IT Leadership Committee (ITLC)
- IT Strategic Advisory Committee (ITSAC) – [Functional Focus]
- Campus IT Directors Committee (CITD) – [Technical Focus]
- ITSAC Subcommittees (Academic Technology, Client & Application Support, Enterprise Applications, Infrastructure, Research Computing, and Security & Compliance)
- Faculty, Staff and Student Input
The VCIT will approve recommended members for all committees, councils and subcommittees in the governance structure.