The IT Strategic Implementation Planning Team completed its review of the past strategic planning activities, solicited community feedback, and developed a set of recommended initiatives that have been presented to the CIO.
The process of prioritization was guided by both alignment with the strategic goals of the University and the ability to have a balanced investment in both administrative and academic needs. The initiatives are foundational; providing the basis for the tactical implementation of technology solutions while ensuring that an integrated process of IT management is in place to support University growth in an effective and efficient manner. In addition, the Team believes that many other initiatives that are currently in progress are synergistic with these initiatives.
The six first-round Initiatives and the individuals facilitating them:
- Develop Cyber Infrastructure Master Plan – Greg Sparks
- Create Service Catalog – Chris King
- Refine IT Governance – Debbie Carraway
- Maximize ServiceNow – Chris King
- Optimize Space Utilization with Technology – Lisa Keel and Andy Snead
- Transform Data and Analytic Resources – Mary Lelik
The initiative facilitators and their teams have been developing project plans and providing regular updates to the Implementation Steering Team. Updates will be provided on the initiative pages linked above, as well as the Implementation Process page.